Thermëa spa village | Whitby: Audit Complete
On October 14, we were informed by Durham Public Health that pseudomonas and staphylococcus (or staph) bacteria were found in our saltwater pool, Källa, at Thermëa spa village | Whitby.
In our 20 years of operation, we have never had an incident like this in any of our pools. It is our intention never to have an incident like this again. As wellness creators, the health and safety of our guests are our utmost priorities.
Since October 14, we have been leading a comprehensive audit to understand what happened in the Källa pool. This extensive audit was overseen by the corporate team at Groupe Nordik, our pool builder and designer, as well as our most trusted consultants who have helped make Groupe Nordik an industry leader over the last two decades.
Follow the link below to read the full results of the audit and the details of our multi-step action plan to ensure an incident like this can never happens again.
If you have any concerns, questions or comments regarding the situation, please do not hesitate to communicate with our team via email@example.com. We are currently receiving a large number of calls, emails and messages. Thank you for your continued understanding and patience.